Below are links to IRD and WINZ for those that need financial advice/help during COVID-19.
IRD Covid 19 website
- COVID-19 Wage and leave subsidies – Depending on your circumstances you may be eligible to apply for a wage subsidy or a type of leave subsidy paid by the Ministry of Social Development (MSD).
- COVID-19 Support for Families – Information for child support, Working for Families and paid parental leave.
- COVID-19 information about KiwiSaver – You may be able to reduce or suspend your KiwiSaver contributions.
- How we can help – Information on current and proposed tax relief for those affected by COVID-19.
- Information sharing – Updates on our current information sharing agreements related to COVID-19.
Work and Income
Work and Income Coronavirus website
Support for employers
We have 2 payments available to support employers affected by COVID-19; a Wage Subsidy and the Essential Workers Leave Support.More information about COVID-19 support for employers
Service centres closed
We’ve closed our service centres to clients to keep people safe and stop the spread of COVID-19. If you had a booked appointment at one of our service centres, these will now be over the phone. Your case manager will call you.
How we can help
If you’ve been affected by COVID-19, we may be able to help – even if you’re not on a benefit. There are various ways we can help, whether you’re an individual or an employer.