All the staff at Upper Hutt Health Centre want to say thank you to all of you for your ongoing patience and cooperation during this unusual time.
We have remained open throughout this time and we want to assure everyone that they will be cared for safely.
We all still need to remember social distancing and good hygiene practices.
If a face to face consultation is best for you – we have measures in place to allow this to be done safely.
Consultations with your doctor may also be held over the phone or on video and these will be chargeable.
We are experiencing large numbers of phone calls so please be patient if you are calling us.
All prescriptions will be sent directly to your pharmacy so make sure you let us know who your pharmacy is when ordering.
If you are leaving an order on our script line remember to include who your pharmacy is so we can send the script directly there for you pick up.
This is a great time to join Manage My Health so you can order scripts and see your results online.
Flu vaccination update
There is a nationwide shortage of flu vaccines. We still have a lot of high risk patients who require a vaccine, so we are going to provide for these people first.
Keep an eye out on our website and facebook page for updates and please do not ring us asking if they are available yet. We will manage who will get one from our end when stocks arrive. If you are not in a high risk category wait until lockdown passes. This will reduce your need to mix with others who may be infectious.
Moving to level 2 – how you can help us keep everyone safe
- Avoiding unnecessary trips to the medical centre
- Calling us before you coming in
- Answering our screening questions as you enter the building; we are actively not letting people into the medical centre without screening for COVID symptoms, please be kind to the staff doing this screening, it is to keep us all safe
- Arriving for your appointment at the time arranged; this helps us keep the number of people in the waiting room to a minimum, with social distancing recommended by the Ministry of Health
- There is a maximum number of people we can have in the building at any one time so we will be running a one in and one out system. Please respect the 2 metre rule when waiting outside to keep us all safe.